How to move SourceAnywhere server to another machine?
To move SourceAnywhere server to another machine without losing the configuration info, please follow the steps below:
- Stop SourceAnywhere Service.
- Backup the
sawsconfigure.ini file in the installation directory of SourceAnywhere Server.
- Install SourceAnywhere Server on the new server machine.
During the installation, please connect to the SQL Server where your current "SourceAnywhere" database resides.
After successfully connecting to SQL Server, a dialog box pops up, asking you whether to make SourceAnywhere Server use the current "SourceAnywhere" database. Please click "Yes" in the following dialog.
- Copy the .ini file to the new machine, and replace "sawsconfigure.ini" file in the SourceAnywhere Server installation folder with it.
- Move the license to the new SourceAnywhere Server.
- Uninstall SourceAnywhere Server on the old server.